May Meetup – Platform as a Service options for .Net

This month Slawomir Dorzak has kindly volunteered to give us a talk on Platform as a Service options for .Net:

Platform as a Service is a new hot thing and is revolutionizing the way we write and manage our applications. PaaS lets us focus on what’s important – that is creating and running the application by taking care of the infrastructure. By far the most popular PaaS platform for .NET is Microsoft Windows Azure, but is that it or maybe there are others? In this session we’ll look at some of the benefits and challenges that come with using PaaS. We will also explore some alternatives to Windows Azure that can be used for hosting .NET applications.

Bio: Slawomir Dorzak has almost 10 years of experience in software development. He is programming mainly in C# .NET, recently also in Ruby and Go. Last two years working for Dell Cloud teams he has been focused on open source cloud computing systems as well as cloud oriented application architecture.

When & Where

The talk will be on Thursday, May 30th in the regular spot: the Central Hotel on Exchequer St. at 6.30.

It’s a free event as always thanks to our sponsors Wonga but please sign up to the EventBrite event so I know the numbers for the room.

See you there

16 Comments

1. Petar
    Posted May 28, 2013 at 11:57 pm | Permalink

What are the chances that at the same time on some other place will be a talk about Windows Azure, Infrastructure as a service and Azure SDK 2.0?

I know it’s quite late (both talks will be in 2 days) but maybe you guys can reschedule ?

IMO the target audience is very similar, i.e. most will be interested in both talks.

2. andrew
    Posted May 29, 2013 at 9:41 am | Permalink

Hi Petar. That’s an unfortunate clash alright but it’s a bit too late to change dates now unfortunately

3. Posted March 18, 2014 at 2:14 am | Permalink

you are in point of fact a just right webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing.
    It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece.
    you have performed a wonderful activity in this matter!

4. Posted March 26, 2014 at 6:44 am | Permalink

Thanks for some other great article. The place else could anyone
    get that type of info in such an ideal approach of writing?
    I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the look for such info.

5. Posted March 28, 2014 at 1:38 am | Permalink

Highly descriptive post, I enjoyed that a lot. Will
    there be a part 2?

6. Posted March 28, 2014 at 6:36 am | Permalink

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site?
    I’m getting tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives
    for another platform. I would be awesome if you could
    point me in the direction of a good platform.

7. Posted March 28, 2014 at 11:54 am | Permalink

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.

This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how
    much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

8. Posted April 1, 2014 at 11:26 am | Permalink

I haven?t checked in here for some time since I thought it was
    getting boring, but the last several posts are
    good quality so I guess I?ll add you back to my everyday bloglist.
    You deserve it friend :)

9. Posted April 2, 2014 at 10:01 pm | Permalink

You made some good points there. I looked on the web to find out more
    about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

10. Posted April 3, 2014 at 11:16 am | Permalink

telecharger fifa 14 gratuit carries a substantial role inside United states Way of life.
    A lot of people is usually noticed taking part in routines connected with telecharger fifa 14 gratuit.
    It is in part because people of most age ranges can
    be engaged as well as family members are brought
    together by means of this specific. Normally a person that features his or her
    do not like pertaining to telecharger fifa 14 gratuit might be regarded as a outcast.

Economic Elements

It’s not typical practice to be able to relate economics having telecharger fifa 14 gratuit.
    Typically, telecharger fifa 14 gratuit can be considered to don’t
    have a relation to the financial status, however presently there are in fact several consequences.
    The actual gross sales marketplace regarding telecharger fifa 14
    gratuit is really a 3. 3 billion $ annually market and developing on a yearly basis.
    A employs practically 150, 000 men and women in
    the usa on your own. It might be risk-free to express
    that will telecharger fifa 14 gratuit perform an important position throughout United states economics as well as won’t be assumed.

Environmental Factors

Following a several thirty day period extended
    research project, Appears capable to end which telecharger fifa 14 gratuit
    isn’t going to badly result the surroundings at all.
    A new telecharger fifa 14 gratuit failed to appear to cause waste elements along with could
    not become within forests, jungles, streams, ponds,
    seas, and many others… In reality, telecharger fifa 14 gratuit generated a number of results with the fairly sweet
    minor nature.

Politics Factors

Wow will telecharger fifa 14 gratuit actually have an effect on nation-wide
    politics. Recently 5 candidates jogging pertaining to some sort of place utilised
    telecharger fifa 14 gratuit because major topic of their campaign.
    A person may possibly feel telecharger fifa 14 gratuit will be a negative theme for you to steer some sort of strategy using, in fact using the cultural along with environment impression is possesses, this
    specific subject surely could gain a great number of supporters.
    These types of 5 individuals gone 4 with regard to 5
    on winning their particular opportunities.

Summary

telecharger fifa 14 gratuit are a lot more significant indisputable fact
    that many offer credit history regarding. Next time the thing is that as
    well as think about telecharger fifa 14 gratuit, look at whatever you simply understand as well as realize what exactly is actually
    taking. It’s likely anyone beneath appreciated
    telecharger fifa 14 gratuit previous to, nevertheless may right now begin to
    provide the paid required in addition to warranted.

11. Posted April 3, 2014 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

excellent post, very informative. I ponder why the opposite specialists
    of this sector don’t notice this. You must continue your writing.
    I am sure, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

12. Posted April 6, 2014 at 7:11 am | Permalink

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or
    something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit,
    but other than that, this is magnificent blog. A great
    read. I will definitely be back.

13. Posted April 20, 2014 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

If you have a background in writing and have a good grasp in the English language, you
    can set up a website and offer your writing services there.
    There are countless ways to make money fast from the comfort of
    your own home. These are a few pros and cons of ISAs that you
    should know about before making your mind up.

14. Posted April 22, 2014 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

In the Chinese system of medicine, a double chin is seen
    as a sign of weak lymphatic system. Be sure to read the labels on packaged foods and choose low-sodium selections.
    Learn about where to find templates, how to use shortcuts for tasks like adding an accent mark,
    how to insert and modify graphics, and more.
    Aerobic exercise will regenerate them and assist you experience greater in times when you aren’t exercising.
    As you follow the beautiful road on the monitor you are prompted to increase or
    decrease your mind-body’s energy levels in order to proceed in the game.

15. Posted April 26, 2014 at 11:13 am | Permalink

My family every time say that I am killing my time here at web, except I know I am getting know-how every day by reading
    thes good content.

16. Posted April 29, 2014 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Fine way of explaining, and pleasant article to take information regarding my presentation topic,
    which i am going to present in university.